Thursday, July 30, 2009

I installed a new hard drive on my laptop, set up my partition and formatted drive C. How do I install.......

windows xp. I can't remember the dos command to initialize the installation of windows. Laptop has internal DVD rom and I have and an external usb cdrom drive.

I installed a new hard drive on my laptop, set up my partition and formatted drive C. How do I install.......
when you put the windows disk in, a windows installation setup will appear. read the bullet points. the first one should say "Press enter to install windows" or something like that





this may not work however. i had to reformat my computer also. but i tried installing xp rather than media center on it and setup freezes. if that happens, you will have to get the recovery discs for you computer.
Reply:recovery disks if you have them as these will contain all the proper drivers for the internal hardware.


You won't need a dos prompt just make sure that your computer boots from the CD/DVD rom drive have your installation cd in there and away you go


No comments:

Post a Comment