Friday, July 31, 2009

Witchy roommates and the A/C?

I am a student living in a dorm at the university. I had the misfortune of being put into a 4 bedroom suite with 3 bestfriends. These girls are extremly catty and rude and inconsiderate. Over the past couple of weeks there has been a tug of war with the A/C in our dorm. They like it to be barely on which makes the suite (in my opinion) very hot and stuffy. I like the A/C to be on all of the time. I like it cold. When I turn it on they turn in off and it goes back and forth. I even put on half way and they still turn it off. So one day when I went to turn it on I see a post it that says " Please leave the A/C on its current setting. Not Cold! thanks." Now I ignored because I think that its unfair for them to just decide what the A/C is set on. I think its rude of them to leave a note instead of just talking to me. I am willing to comprimise but their little note clearly says they aren't. I know this is petty but I am not going to be pushed around. What should I do? Who is right?

Witchy roommates and the A/C?
It actually doesn't sound like any of you are willing to compromise. Compromise means meeting in the middle, not one or the other of you getting your way. Since the three of them all agree on the settings, you are really outnumbered here. Instead of creating continued tension over the thermostat, why don't you buy a portable fan or an air conditioner for your room. Then everyone can have the temperature they want.

sweet pea

No comments:

Post a Comment