Saturday, May 22, 2010

Sending internet packets in C++?

How can i send a TCP/IP packet in C++, being able to set the flags (SYN, ACK etc) and define the content of the message in the packet. How also can I read internet packets in C++, allowing me to read the flag's and packet content. I am using Microsoft Windows XP, and DEV-C++

Sending internet packets in C++?
I think you need to look into the sockets library. I have mostly used it on Linux, so I don't think I can give much help in the way of specifics. I don't know about "setting" flags. It has been a while and networking wasn't my favorite thing. I believe my projects we mainly just made our own "ACK" message and parsed it. Basically, you open a socket and read and write to it. I believe we normally had one socket for reading and one for writing.

strawberry

No comments:

Post a Comment