Monday, May 24, 2010

Excel Question, I need ot find the max number of a set?

I am trying to find the maximum number out of sets of numbers that vary in size without doing a subtotal. Basically in column A, I have a unique ID # then in column B, there are sets of numbers assigned to each ID #, so the ID# in column A repeats as the number in column B changes and the set grows. In column C, I would like to return the Max number in Column B for every change in A without doing a subtotal. Any ideas. Thank you.

Excel Question, I need ot find the max number of a set?
=MAX(A1:A9) thats how change the row numbers to fit your situation. Also the auto sum button has this option..





Type that into the cell...
Reply:go to (Insert)


select (Function)





select (MAX or MIN)


select all of column B





Also, use the VLOOKUP function to get the data from column A or C.

imperial

No comments:

Post a Comment